Disable the watchdog timeout when changing texture packs.
Increase the timeout to 5 minutes.
Fix a crash that occurred with light level displays when above y255
Main Menu Video
Enabled players to opt-out of the main menu video for performance reasons. Add "video:false" to your launcher-settings.txt.
If the launcher detects a slow PC, it will automatically disable the main menu video.
The error reporting system has been fixed so that we can better understand existing issues.
Improve long-term handling of faction data.
Main Menu Video
Add an option in the launcher to disable the main menu video.
Fix the error reporting system.
Improved the smart performance system and ensured that it works as intended.
Fixed a bug that was causing schematics to appear as normal blocks.
Fixed a bug that caused particles to disappear under specific circumstances.
Made the accounts dropdown scrollable and added a scrollbar.
Block entity and entity distance is now also applied to smart performance. Entities will not show further than the block / entity distance as configured in settings.
Tabby Chat should now properly save it's settings and server settings (filters, ...).
Faction overlay data will now be saved and loaded per server / planet.
- Added "performance" / "perf" console command
- Fixed explosion animations following the player instead of being at it's correct position
- Update click sound in main menu
- Roam will be disabled when switching worlds
- Fixed a crash with schematica
Smart Performance will no longer count signs that are used for GUI's (such as creating auction house listings). Aditionally players will no longer be taken into account to prevent particles / openings at spawn to have their effects hidden. Other entities have therefore received a higher weighted impact.
- Fixed the Pick Block functionality in Schematica
- Sign edit GUIs have been fixed
- Fixed CTRL + V pasting into the color switcher text field
- Fixed rubber band while flying up in water
- Update World Border a little better
Added a custom loading screen with a progress bar.
- Added exit game button
- Added clickable forums announcement popups
- Information HUD's ping is now updated more regularly
- Added "-" to the allowed characters in a profile name
- Fixed World Border color
- Fixed World Downloader allowing players to see through blocks
- Fixed prefixes not correctly saving / loading in Information HUD
- Prevent certain chunks from crashing the client
FOCUSED PLAYER INDICATOR
Using "/f focus" on a player will again show an indicator above their head like on the 1.7.10 version. This may not be active on all planets yet.
CRASH REPORT UPDATES
Fixed a number of places where the game would go unresponsive instead of crashing. Also added in some additional feedback when the client goes unresponsive.
You can now, once again, claim using MapWriter's large map (default key: M).
- Clicking the same menu icon will now return to the last opened menu
- The active menu icon now has it's color changed to show that it is being shown
- Updated enchantments list icons (CosmicPvP specific)
- Crosshair will have a preview in the customization menu
- Pressing the return key in the login GUI or menu will act as if the login button is pressed
- Properly crash instead of freezing in certain places
- Prevent certain weather effects from crashing
- Prevent World Download "Saving downloaded world" crash
- Fixed some unintented visuals introduced by the global custom font
- Container & tooltip text reverted to default Minecraft font
- Fixed Schematica text showing as white blocks when crosshair is enabled
- Fixed Potion colors loading incorrect
- Fixed Potion colors not resetting correctly
- Updated MapWriter's saving. This should reduce your map appearing reset
Roam underwent a number of balancing changes, such as:
- Prevent being able to click / break blocks / use items
- Hid projectiles (Ender Pearls, Arrows)
- Hid particles
- Hid exposed ores
- Hid debug hitboxes
- Roam will disable when Combat Tagged
- Roam will not be allowed when already Combat Tagged
STARTUP LOADING SCREEN
The startup screen has been customized and now has a progress bar!
Added a new (familiar) mod: Screenshot Uploader.
This mod will change the screenshot's (default hotkey: F2) behaviour and automatically upload your game screen to imgur.
- Copy link to clipboard (enabled)
- Show link in chat (enabled)
- Disable vanilla notification (disabled). Enable this if you want the notification to show in the Cosmic Clients custom notifications
Added a notifications mod. This will always be enabled and used to display critical information from the server.
Crosshair has been moved from General settings to it's own mod. Find it in the HUD section.
- Now enabled by default
- Raised the Y limit to 256
- The server must specifically allow Breadcrumbs to enable this mod
1.7 FOLLOW UP
- Added the same World Border as in 1.7. This time with more rainbows
- Added "/f focus" indicator (May not be on live planets yet)
- Added global gui theme as in the 1.7 client, following the 1.8.9 theme. You can disable this in general settings
- Allowed right clicking while drinking potions (1.7 behaviour)
- Change "Perf test" to "Performance Meter," can be enabled in console with "perf_enabled true"
- MapWriter and Notifications will take priority over other HUD items
- Minor mod list reorganizing
- String color has been removed
- Updated the GUI menu over/under-scrolling animation
- Updated crash reporting. This should allow for us to make sure we are getting all the crashes
- Selecting the Rainbow option in a color switcher will default the saturation and brightness to 1.0. You can now also drag while rainbow is enabled to change those values.
- Enchantment glint shows again
- Fixed TabbyChat cursor position
- Fixed roam's render entity
- Roam is properly disabled on client load / disconnect
- Update some menu sounds
- Schematica will no longer crash when moving the schematic into unloaded chunks (Would usually happen with large schematics)
- Logo has been properly centered in the client GUI and main menu
- Font width calculation for custom TabbyChat font has been fixed
- 3D Chunk Borders will now have the proper minimum range
- Prefixes will stay as configured
- Potion colors will be cleared on reset, whether it is enabled or not
- World Downloader has it's GameMode change again
- Waypoints can now be set at any height
- Enchantment items are slightly colored depending on their rarity
- Added Roam mod. This will only be available on supported planets and will limit what you can see in the world
- Added Ascending message to toggle sprint status
- Fly boost is now toggled with the sprint key instead of requiring the key to be held down
- Added new HUD item: Ping - Display response time
MENU GUI > SETTINGS
- Added Custom trip wire color option
- Added Hide chat background option
MENU GUI > COSMICPVP > ENCHANTMENTS LIST
- The maximum level will now be displayed in the description as well as discreetly behind the name
- Description background has been changed
MENU GUI > COSMICPVP > FACTIONS LIST
- Faction wealth has been formatted and no longer shows irrational numbers
- Faction leaders now have three rank indicator stars in the faction overview menu
- Faction wealth will not show if the total wealth is 0
- Updated Cosmic Client logos to new version
- Added -novid launch argument to skip the main menu video
- Main menu music will continue until loading into a world
- Main menu server buttons are now clickable
- Menu icons have been updated to better suit the look and feel
- Main menu now has a volume slider
- Schematica will save correctly in singleplayer
- Sprinting before entering flight with Toggle Sprint fly boost no longer adds an additional fly speed multiplier which resulted in faster than intended speeds
- Slightly lowered vertical fly boost amount in Toggle Sprint to prevent rubber banding
- Fixed an animation error when an enchantments list item is expanding